World Cancer Day
World Cancer Day
World Cancer Day is an annual observance on February 4th to raise awareness about cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection, and treatment. It is an initiative of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to bring together individuals, communities, and organizations to reduce the global impact of cancer. The aim is to promote education and encourage research, while also inspiring individuals to take action and make changes in their own lives to reduce the risk of developing cancer.
Importance Of World Cancer Day
World Cancer Day is important because it highlights the need for increased global action to address the cancer epidemic. Here are a few reasons why:
- Raising Awareness: World Cancer Day helps to raise awareness about cancer and its impact on individuals, communities, and the world. It promotes education and understanding of the disease and encourages people to take action to reduce their risk of developing cancer.
- Breaking Stigma: World Cancer Day helps to break down the stigma associated with cancer and encourages people to have open and honest conversations about the disease.
- Encouraging Action: World Cancer Day provides an opportunity for individuals, communities, and organizations to take action to reduce the global impact of cancer. This can include participating in events, making lifestyle changes to reduce risk, and supporting research and treatment initiatives.
- Driving Change: By bringing attention to the cancer epidemic, World Cancer Day helps to drive change and progress in the fight against cancer. This includes increased funding for research, improved access to screening and treatment, and greater support for individuals and families affected by the disease.
Foods That Help Reduce The Risk Of Cancer
There is no single food that can guarantee to prevent cancer, but some foods and dietary patterns have been shown to have a protective effect and may help reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer. Here are some examples:
- Fruits and vegetables: A diet rich in fruits and vegetables, especially those with deep colors such as berries, tomatoes, and dark leafy greens, is associated with a lower risk of cancer.
2. Whole grains: Foods made from whole grains, such as brown rice and whole wheat bread, have been linked to a lower risk of several types of cancer, including colon and breast cancer
3. Legumes: Foods such as beans, lentils, and chickpeas have been linked to a lower risk of several types of cancer, including colon and breast cancer.
4. Nuts and seeds: Eating a diet rich in nuts and seeds, especially almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds, has been linked to a lower risk of breast and prostate cancer.
5. Fatty fish: Fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to a lower risk of several types of cancer.
6. Turmeric: This spice is high in curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and has been linked to a lower risk of several types of cancer.
7. Garlic: Garlic has been linked to a lower risk of several types of cancer, including stomach, colon, and breast cancer.
It’s important to note that a healthy diet is just one aspect of reducing cancer risk. Other factors such as physical activity, avoiding tobacco and excessive alcohol consumption, and maintaining a healthy weight also play important roles.
All of this is a great way to keep yourself healthy overall and you get all these ingredients and so much more on Milkbasket. You get it by 7 AM and you are not disturbed with any calls.
Milkbasket – A Revolution In The Online Grocery Delivery Services In India
Spread the loveThere’s no denying the fact that the pandemic has drastically changed the way people spend their time online, buying everything through various online retail platforms with the convenience of home deliveries in India. Milkbasket, with it’s features has proven to be a revolution in the online grocery delivery services in India. While stepping […]08 Jul 2022 read More...
Nabhi Chikitsa or Belly Button Therapy: The Simple Health Secret You NEED To Know!
Spread the loveOur Navel or Belly Button (scientific name Umbilicus) is believed to be the centre of our life force. Most of us take it as just another part of our body not knowing its deep, thrilling world. In ancient Hindu healing practices, the Navel is considered to be the most important point of the […]08 Sep 2022 read More...
Milkbasket’s Latest DVC Campaign Is Out, And It’s Quirky And Relatable As Heck!
Spread the loveThe year 2021 was all about patience, resilience, and the grind it takes to get back up from a worldwide slump that the COVID-19 pandemic had hit us with. It made us all revisit our roots, recalibrate our priorities, and strengthen our foundations. With the better part of 2022 gone into slowly spreading […]28 Sep 2022 read More...
Recycling At Milkbasket: A World Environment Day Special
Spread the loveAs people who serve and bring convenience to other people, it’s important for us as brands to give a thought from time to time to what matters the most to us as human beings. The realization of the countless resources that our planet has provided us allows us to be amazed and humbled […]05 Jun 2022 read More...