National Blueberry Pancake Day Special | The Best Ever Blueberry Pancake Recipe
Wake up and smell the blueberries! Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day!
National Blueberry Pancake Day is a food holiday celebrated annually on January 28th in the United States. The holiday is dedicated to the beloved breakfast dish of blueberry pancakes, a staple of American cuisine. The day is a chance for people to enjoy a delicious plate of pancakes and to celebrate this classic breakfast food.
The Origin Of The Day 🥞
The evolution of pancakes can be traced back to ancient civilizations where flat cakes were made from grains and served as a staple food. Over time, pancakes have evolved and adapted to local ingredients and cultural traditions, leading to a variety of styles and flavors around the world. Some examples include:
- Ancient Greek pancakes made with honey and curdled milk
- Native American “johnny cakes” made from cornmeal
- French crepes made with wheat flour and eggs
- Japanese okonomiyaki made with a batter of flour, eggs, and shredded cabbage
- Indian dosa made from a fermented batter of rice and lentils.
The initiation of National Blueberry Pancake Day is unknown, but it is likely that the holiday was created by a food or restaurant industry group to promote the popular breakfast dish. Pancakes, in general, have been a staple of American cuisine for centuries, and blueberry pancakes are a variation that adds a sweet and fruity flavor. The holiday is a chance to celebrate this classic breakfast food and to enjoy a plate of blueberry pancakes.
The origin of blueberry pancakes is believed to have originated in North America, possibly in New England. The dish likely became popular in the early 20th century when wild blueberries became commercially available. The idea of adding blueberries to pancakes was to incorporate their natural sweetness and nutty flavor into a classic breakfast dish. Today, blueberry pancakes are a popular menu item in diners and restaurants across the United States and are enjoyed by people of all ages.
The Best Blueberry Pancakes Recipe 🫐
There are many variations of blueberry pancakes, each with its own unique twist. Some popular variations include:
- Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes: Made with buttermilk and fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes: Made with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes: Made with lemon zest and lemon juice for a tangy twist.
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes: Made with rolled oats for added texture and nutrition.
- Dutch Baby Pancakes with Blueberries: A large, oven-baked pancake with blueberries added before baking.
- Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes: Stuffed with cream cheese for a decadent dessert-style pancake.
- Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes: Made with buckwheat flour for a nutty, gluten-free option.
Let’s make a tangy, zesty, healthy & delicious combination of Lemon Blueberry Pancake & Whole wheat blueberry pancake recipe.
- 180g whole wheat flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 300ml cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime zest
- 60ml cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg and then add the milk, melted butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined (the batter should have some lumps).
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook until the other side is lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with butter, some lemon zest and maple or corn syrup. Enjoy!
As always, all the above mentioned ingredients can be easily ordered from our Milkbasket app and the entire order will be conveniently delivered to your doorstep by 7 AM, the very next morning. Thus you’re never stuck in cooking your favourite dish as we’ve got you covered with all the supplies you need to make that delicious recipe!
Happy National Blueberry Pancake Day🥞🫐
Milkbasket – A Revolution In The Online Grocery Delivery Services In India
Spread the loveThere’s no denying the fact that the pandemic has drastically changed the way people spend their time online, buying everything through various online retail platforms with the convenience of home deliveries in India. Milkbasket, with it’s features has proven to be a revolution in the online grocery delivery services in India. While stepping […]08 Jul 2022 read More...
Nabhi Chikitsa or Belly Button Therapy: The Simple Health Secret You NEED To Know!
Spread the loveOur Navel or Belly Button (scientific name Umbilicus) is believed to be the centre of our life force. Most of us take it as just another part of our body not knowing its deep, thrilling world. In ancient Hindu healing practices, the Navel is considered to be the most important point of the […]08 Sep 2022 read More...
Milkbasket’s Latest DVC Campaign Is Out, And It’s Quirky And Relatable As Heck!
Spread the loveThe year 2021 was all about patience, resilience, and the grind it takes to get back up from a worldwide slump that the COVID-19 pandemic had hit us with. It made us all revisit our roots, recalibrate our priorities, and strengthen our foundations. With the better part of 2022 gone into slowly spreading […]28 Sep 2022 read More...
Recycling At Milkbasket: A World Environment Day Special
Spread the loveAs people who serve and bring convenience to other people, it’s important for us as brands to give a thought from time to time to what matters the most to us as human beings. The realization of the countless resources that our planet has provided us allows us to be amazed and humbled […]05 Jun 2022 read More...