International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day is a global holiday celebrated annually on March 8th to recognize the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. It is also a day to raise awareness about the ongoing struggle for gender equality and women’s rights.
The history of International Women’s Day dates back to the early 20th century when women in various countries began to organize and demand better working conditions, suffrage, and other rights. The first National Women’s Day was celebrated in the United States in 1909, and in 1911, the idea of an international day for women was proposed at an international conference of working women in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Since then, International Women’s Day has been observed in many countries around the world with various events, rallies, marches, and conferences that celebrate women’s achievements and call for gender equality. The theme for International Women’s Day 2023 is DigitALL: Innovation And Technology For Gender Equality.
Why Is It Celebrated?
International Women’s Day is celebrated to honor women’s contributions to society, and to raise awareness about the challenges that women still face in achieving gender equality. It is a day to celebrate women’s achievements in various fields, such as politics, science, arts, education, and more.
The day is also an opportunity to recognize the ongoing struggle for women’s rights and to advocate for gender equality. Many countries use International Women’s Day to highlight issues such as the gender pay gap, gender-based violence, lack of access to education and healthcare, and discrimination based on gender and sexual orientation.
Overall, International Women’s Day is an important occasion to celebrate the progress that has been made towards gender equality and to advocate for further advancements in women’s rights.
How To Celebrate International Women’s Day
There are many ways to celebrate International Women’s Day. Here are some ideas:
- Attend an event: Many organizations and groups host events on International Women’s Day. Attend a rally, march, conference, or workshop in your local community.
- Support women-owned businesses: Show your support for women entrepreneurs by shopping at women-owned businesses or using women-owned services.
- Donate to women’s organizations: Donate to a women’s rights organization that supports women’s issues such as gender-based violence, pay equity, and education.
- Educate yourself and others: Learn more about the history of women’s rights and share that knowledge with others. You can read books, watch documentaries, or attend lectures.
- Celebrate women in your life: Take the time to celebrate the women in your life by expressing your appreciation for their contributions and achievements.
- Use social media to spread awareness: Use your social media platform to spread awareness about women’s rights and issues that women face, using hashtags such as #IWD2023, #ChooseToChallenge, and #WomenEmpowerment.
Remember that celebrating International Women’s Day is not limited to one day; it is an ongoing effort to promote gender equality and support women’s rights.
You can also make a delicious Focaccia bread for celebrating this day. If you are a woman, then treat yourself and if you are a man then treat your wife, sister, mother or your girlfriends to this delicious bread.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Toppings of your choice (such as fresh herbs, garlic, tomatoes, or olives)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add the olive oil and warm water, and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Punch down the dough and transfer it to a greased baking sheet.
- Use your fingers to press the dough out into a large rectangle or circle, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Add your desired toppings, such as fresh herbs, garlic, tomatoes, or olives, pressing them gently into the dough.
- Bake the focaccia bread for 20-25 minutes, or until it is golden brown on top and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade focaccia bread!
You can buy all the ingredients from Milkbasket and enjoy this delicious bread on Women’s Day or everyday!
Milkbasket – A Revolution In The Online Grocery Delivery Services In India
Spread the loveThere’s no denying the fact that the pandemic has drastically changed the way people spend their time online, buying everything through various online retail platforms with the convenience of home deliveries in India. Milkbasket, with it’s features has proven to be a revolution in the online grocery delivery services in India. While stepping […]08 Jul 2022 read More...
Nabhi Chikitsa or Belly Button Therapy: The Simple Health Secret You NEED To Know!
Spread the loveOur Navel or Belly Button (scientific name Umbilicus) is believed to be the centre of our life force. Most of us take it as just another part of our body not knowing its deep, thrilling world. In ancient Hindu healing practices, the Navel is considered to be the most important point of the […]08 Sep 2022 read More...
Milkbasket’s Latest DVC Campaign Is Out, And It’s Quirky And Relatable As Heck!
Spread the loveThe year 2021 was all about patience, resilience, and the grind it takes to get back up from a worldwide slump that the COVID-19 pandemic had hit us with. It made us all revisit our roots, recalibrate our priorities, and strengthen our foundations. With the better part of 2022 gone into slowly spreading […]28 Sep 2022 read More...
Recycling At Milkbasket: A World Environment Day Special
Spread the loveAs people who serve and bring convenience to other people, it’s important for us as brands to give a thought from time to time to what matters the most to us as human beings. The realization of the countless resources that our planet has provided us allows us to be amazed and humbled […]05 Jun 2022 read More...