Home Baked Cinnamon Rolls That Are Better Than Store-Bought
Cinnamon rolls are one of the most popular treats in the world. What started as a simple pastry has turned into an iconic tea time snack or dessert item. A cinnamon roll is a type of pastry that is typically made from dough that is filled with sweet cinnamon icing and then rolled into a cylindrical shape. They can be sweet or savory, and are usually served warm.
Trust us, a piping hot cup of tea or coffee with a rich cinnamon roll is all that you need on a cold winter morning!
How Did Cinnamon Rolls Come to Be?
Although the history of cinnamon rolls is disputed, some historians believe that the rolls originated in Medieval Europe during the 12th century. As travelers journeyed across Europe and Asia, they brought with them pastries filled with cinnamon and sugar.While the first published recipe for cinnamon rolls appeared in a cookbook published in 1870, it is believed that cinnamon rolls actually originated in the Middle East. In 1588, Queen Elizabeth I ordered a baker to make seven dozen cinnamon rolls for breakfast on New Year’s Day.
Shortly thereafter, wealthy families started including them in their holiday feasts and celebrations. In the 1920s, the Entenmann’s Baking Company sold the first mass-produced version of cinnamon rolls in America. Today, there are dozens of varieties of cinnamon rolls available. Although they may appear to be complicated to make, the process is actually quite straightforward.
These Cinnamon rolls are super easy to bake and may we tell you that baking these will surely fill your kitchen with a mouth watering, soothing & delicious aroma of baked bread and cinnamon. This aroma makes you wanna fall in love with winters all over again! The cinnamon in this recipe is really powerful, the cream cheese frosting is the perfect amount of yumm and the dough is so pillowy and never overbaked.
|Cinnamon Roll Dough
|Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
|Cream Cheese Frosting
|85g melted butter
|170g Brown sugar
|115g cream cheese (softened)
|240 ml milk (warm)
|2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
|57g Softened butter
|2 eggs (room temp.)
|85g Softened butter
|170g Fine sugar
|639g all-purpose flour (maida)
|1 teaspoon vanilla essence
|115g Fine sugar
|⅛ teaspoon salt
|2 teaspoons instant yeast
|1 teaspoon salt
- In a measuring jug warm the butter and milk together until the butter has melted. Whisk in the eggs. Keep Aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to form your dough. Your dough should form a tight ball
- Once your dough has formed a tight ball, cover and allow to proof at room temperature for 70-90 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- After the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 24×12 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread dough with 85g softened butter and sprinkle generously with sugar/cinnamon mixture all over the surface.
- Starting with a long edge, roll up the dough and cut into 12 (2-inch) rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
- Alongside, preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, cream together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- While the rolls are warm from the oven, generously spread on the cream cheese frosting.
Trust us, this is the best cinnamon rolls recipe ever that will help you bake such delicious cinnamon rolls at home that will shame most of the famous cinnamon rolls chains out there.
Bake these and fill your home with the soothing aroma of cinnamon this winter. Enjoy these with a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate with your family and loved ones!
Happy Season’s Baking!
Milkbasket – A Revolution In The Online Grocery Delivery Services In India
Spread the loveThere’s no denying the fact that the pandemic has drastically changed the way people spend their time online, buying everything through various online retail platforms with the convenience of home deliveries in India. Milkbasket, with it’s features has proven to be a revolution in the online grocery delivery services in India. While stepping […]08 Jul 2022 read More...
Nabhi Chikitsa or Belly Button Therapy: The Simple Health Secret You NEED To Know!
Spread the loveOur Navel or Belly Button (scientific name Umbilicus) is believed to be the centre of our life force. Most of us take it as just another part of our body not knowing its deep, thrilling world. In ancient Hindu healing practices, the Navel is considered to be the most important point of the […]08 Sep 2022 read More...
Milkbasket’s Latest DVC Campaign Is Out, And It’s Quirky And Relatable As Heck!
Spread the loveThe year 2021 was all about patience, resilience, and the grind it takes to get back up from a worldwide slump that the COVID-19 pandemic had hit us with. It made us all revisit our roots, recalibrate our priorities, and strengthen our foundations. With the better part of 2022 gone into slowly spreading […]28 Sep 2022 read More...
Recycling At Milkbasket: A World Environment Day Special
Spread the loveAs people who serve and bring convenience to other people, it’s important for us as brands to give a thought from time to time to what matters the most to us as human beings. The realization of the countless resources that our planet has provided us allows us to be amazed and humbled […]05 Jun 2022 read More...