Celebrate World Senior Citizens Day
If you have a senior citizen in your house or in your life in general, then today is a reminder to appreciate them and let them know that you care for them. World Senior Citizen Day is celebrated on the 21st August every year. The day helps bring awareness about elder abuse and age deterioration. This is the day we honour the contribution of senior citizens in the betterment of our society. To know senior citizens’ needs, talk to them and consult with healthcare providers when they need help.
Importance of World Senior Citizens Day
On 21st August, 2022, we dive into the significance of World Citizen day by reading about its history, government policies and the celebrating spirit of the day. Also learn about way to keep a check on your elders’ mental & physical health.
World Senior Citizens Day 2022 Celebration
We live in the digital era today and as much of an aid as it can be to senior citizens, it still hasn’t reached everyone. Elderly people are bound to get overwhelmed with the advanced technology. It is our responsibility to help them understand these technologies and make their daily lives easier.
Getting confused on routes, payment transactions or trying to get in touch with old relatives and friends. We can teach them their way around the smart phones and install apps to their aid and needs. We can help them save so much time and energy spent in their daily chores that helps them spend time in self care activities better. Therefore, society’s younger generations need to help them cope and stay up to date with these advancements in order to lead a happy life.
Another way to celebrate the day is to visit an Adult Care Home and spend time with the elders. Lend a year to them and make them feel heard and noticed. Your compassion will add happiness to their lives.
History of World Senior Citizens Day
- The Social Security Act was signed on 14 August 1935 by the famous US President, Franklin Roosevelt
- Furthermore, the former US president Ronald Reagan officially accepted World Citizens Day on 19 August 1988
- Later 21 August was officially recognized as the World Senior Citizens Day in the US
- And after a few years, other countries also adopted the day to pay respect to the senior citizens
Indian Government Schemes for Betterment of the Senior Citizens
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Scheme
- Varishta Mediclaim PolicyRashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
- NPHCE: National Programme for the Health Care of Elderly
- IGNOAPS: Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
- Varishta Pension Bima Yojana
International Senior Citizens Day is a reminder of all the social and economic issues that affect the old people around us. Concerned authorities organise various programs to solve issues related to senior citizens and help the old aged people as much as possible.
Keeping A Check On Elders Physical & Mental Health
Here are some suggestions to help everyone understand how to take care of the senior citizens around them.
- Consultation: When it comes to exercise or any other physical activities for a senior citizen, you must consult the doctor. As adults have different body types and strength which affect their mobility and they won’t be able to perform activities that call for vigorous movements or extreme bends.
Keep a check that they don’t overdo any workouts. Also, check for pain as some elderly may be new to exercising and over doing or wrong postures can cause long term injuries. One of the most effective overall workouts is to walk around the house. They can keep active by engaging in hobbies of their likings.
- Music Therapy: Activities such as singing and dancing will act as therapy for elderly people. Engaging into these activities can help prevent Cardiovascular diseases while creating a happy memory for them.
- Earth Therapy: Gardening will be another therapy to keep senior citizens active and healthy. It improves mobility with a dose of fresh air. Keep your loved ones active and moving by planting indoors.
Care for the elderly people around you. Celebrate the day, shop for their essentials, curate a health care kit for them, or for their bedtime essentials. Show you appreciation for their presence in your lives. Explore the product range at your grocery delivery app, Milkbasket! And help us be a part of your celebrations!
Milkbasket – A Revolution In The Online Grocery Delivery Services In India
Spread the loveThere’s no denying the fact that the pandemic has drastically changed the way people spend their time online, buying everything through various online retail platforms with the convenience of home deliveries in India. Milkbasket, with it’s features has proven to be a revolution in the online grocery delivery services in India. While stepping […]08 Jul 2022 read More...
Nabhi Chikitsa or Belly Button Therapy: The Simple Health Secret You NEED To Know!
Spread the loveOur Navel or Belly Button (scientific name Umbilicus) is believed to be the centre of our life force. Most of us take it as just another part of our body not knowing its deep, thrilling world. In ancient Hindu healing practices, the Navel is considered to be the most important point of the […]08 Sep 2022 read More...
Milkbasket’s Latest DVC Campaign Is Out, And It’s Quirky And Relatable As Heck!
Spread the loveThe year 2021 was all about patience, resilience, and the grind it takes to get back up from a worldwide slump that the COVID-19 pandemic had hit us with. It made us all revisit our roots, recalibrate our priorities, and strengthen our foundations. With the better part of 2022 gone into slowly spreading […]28 Sep 2022 read More...
Recycling At Milkbasket: A World Environment Day Special
Spread the loveAs people who serve and bring convenience to other people, it’s important for us as brands to give a thought from time to time to what matters the most to us as human beings. The realization of the countless resources that our planet has provided us allows us to be amazed and humbled […]05 Jun 2022 read More...