Part 2 | Easy Breakfast Ideas Indian Style | Healthy
In our quest to ensure you’re starting your day with a healthy and balanced meal, here’s volume 2 of our Easy Breakfast Ideas Indian Style that are healthy and full of protein! We’ve curated some Indian-inspired global ideas that will leave your taste buds happy as well as give you sustained energy. Read Part 1 of the Easy Healthy Breakfast Ideas Recipe blog here.
Easy Breakfast Ideas Indian Style & Healthy(Continued)
Millet & Vegetables Upma
Millets are special whole grains that we receive from specialized grasses. They are rich in proteins, fibre, complex carbs, and essential vitamins and minerals. That’s why, this dish has made it to our list of easy healthy breakfast ideas. It is:
- Full of macro and micronutrients
- Easy and quick to prepare
What you need for this easy breakfast Ideas Indian recipe
- Kodo Millets
- Vegetables like onions, tomatoes, broccoli, spring onion or scallion, carrots, zucchini, kale, beans, etc.
- 3-4 cloves of garlic and a spoonful of ginger, chopped
- Chicken (if you prefer this dish non-vegetarian)
- Spices & Seasonings
- Cooking Oil of your choice
Easy healthy Indian-style breakfast Recipe (Serves 2)
- Soak 1 cup Kodo millet in 3 cups of water for 15-20 mins
- Chop your vegetables as small as you would relish in the dish
- Blanch your broccoli separately before chopping, if you’re adding it to the dish
- If you’re adding broiler chicken to your dish, clean and prepare it and keep aside. You can smoke or grill it till medium-done separately as well and add it to the dish.
- Heat the pan on medium and grease it with the oil
- Once the oil is heated, add the ginger and garlic, and cook till light light brown
- Now, add the chopped vegetables and saute them for 2 minutes
- Add 1 and ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ a tsp of red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seed powder, and amchoor, each. Saute for 1-2 minutes
- You can also add a dash of seasonings such as chilli flakes and oregano on top
- Now, drain the water from the kodo millets and add them to the mix. Add 1 cup of water.
- Mix and saute for 3 minutes. Let it cook properly and the water to completely vapourize.
- Voila! Your dish is ready! Serve it hot and enjoy it with ketchup!
Sago Cutlets or Sago Patties (Stuffed Sabudana Tikki)
Sago Cutlets or Sago Patties are opular in North and Western India as sabudana vada or sabudana tikki. People prepare this dish extensively during months of fasting known as ‘Navratra’. They are also a popular snack in the states of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Punjab, Haryana, UP, and Bihar.
However, the version that we have brought to you is way healthier than the usual recipe. This recipe is full of protein, fibre, and complex carbs, and will make it easier for you to hit your macro goals on medium-carb days. It makes for a filling breakfast that will keep you satiated and give you sustained energy for a longer duration.
Ingredients for this easy breakfast ideas indian recipe
- 1 cup Tapioca pearls (sago)
- 1 cup chickpeas (kabuli chana)
- 120g of Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 2 large OR 3 medium potatoes
- 1 ginger
- 3-4 green chillies
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Coriander leaves (40g)
- Salt & spices
Recipe for this easy healthy Indian-style breakfast
- Soak the tapioca pearls in water till they’re completely drenched. Soak them for 5 hours at the least, but preferably overnight.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, immerse them fully in water in an open pan and let them boil for 12-15 mins.
- Boil the chickpeas in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles. Otherwise, boil them for 15-20 minutes in an open pan with a lid on it.
- Drain the water completely from the soaked tapioca pearls/sago and set aside
- Peel the potatoes and mash them. Now add the boiled chickpeas and mash them along with the potatoes
- Crumble the paneer completely and also add it to the boiled potato and chickpea mash
- Now, roast a handful of peanuts using a little butter on a hot pan (if you didn’t get roasted peanuts) and add them to the mash as well
- Now, julienne a small piece of ginger (about 20-30g) and add it to the mash
- Chop the coriander leaves and add them to the mix
- Now, take the drained tapioca pearls and add them to the mix as well
- Now add 3 teaspoons of salt, 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder, and 1 teaspoon each of turmeric powder, amchoor, and dry coriander seed powder to the mix
- Mix all of the ingredients evenly and thoroughly
- Now, heat a pan on medium flame and grease it evenly with the cooking oil of your choice.
- Now, take small balls of he mash mix, flatten them on your palms to make patties/cutlets, and put them on the flame
- Cook the cutlet properly till it starts to look golden brown, and then flip it over
- Cook the other side till golden brown too. Once done, serve hot along with ketchup or mint chutney!
Egg Bhurji and Toast Indian style
Eggs are one of our favourite ingredients. They are easy to find, easy to cook and full of nutrition. It’s a versatile ingredient that can be cooked and served in many different ways. Therefore, this list of easy healthy breakfast ideas customarily must have at least one egg dish!
Egg Bhurji (Indian Style Scrambled Eggs with Veggies) is fairly easy to make. When served with a toast of sourdough, whole wheat bread, or multigrain toast, it makes for a great wholesome breakfast. Now, here’s a nice recipe that you can try for it!
Ingredients for this easy breakfast recipe(Serves 2)
- 4 eggs
- Slices of sourdough or any bread of your choice
- ½ green bell pepper (capsicum) chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 100 g mushrooms chopped (optional)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Spices like salt (½ tablespoon), red chilli powder (1 teaspoon), turmeric (1 teaspoon), coriander powder (1 and ½ teaspoon)
- A pinch of seasonings like oregano, black pepper, chilli flakes
Recipe for this easy breakfast ideas Indian-style
- Heat a serving spoon of your cooking oil on medium flame in the pan
- Once hot, add the garlic and green chillies to it. Cook for 30-45 seconds till they’re golden
- Add the onions and stir until they’re translucent
- At this point, add the chopped bell peppers and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Now, add the mushrooms and cook until they’re well done
- Add the spices and stir the veggies for a minute
- Now, break the 4 eggs into the pan and stir properly. The egg will stick to the side of the pans but a part of cooking egg bhurji is to continuously keep scraping it off and stirring.
- Cook for a minute till the eggs are fully cooked and turn the heat off.
- Toast the bread slices and season them with some oregano.
- Serve the egg bhurji with the toast!
We hope you enjoy these healthy recipes! Read Part 1 of the Easy Healthy Breakfast Ideas Recipe blog here.
If you’re looking for a single place to get all the ingredients for these easy breakfast ideas Indian style, head over to Milkbasket! Milkbasket is India’s No.1 online grocery shopping app that delivers 6000+ grocery items to your doorstep by 7 AM every morning. Whether it’s milk or bread or eggs, or freshly harvested fruits and vegetables – Milkbasket will deliver it all! And not just that, all kinds of spices and seasonings, kitchen tools and accessories, cooking oils, and so much more!
Milkbasket – A Revolution In The Online Grocery Delivery Services In India
Spread the loveThere’s no denying the fact that the pandemic has drastically changed the way people spend their time online, buying everything through various online retail platforms with the convenience of home deliveries in India. Milkbasket, with it’s features has proven to be a revolution in the online grocery delivery services in India. While stepping […]08 Jul 2022 read More...
Nabhi Chikitsa or Belly Button Therapy: The Simple Health Secret You NEED To Know!
Spread the loveOur Navel or Belly Button (scientific name Umbilicus) is believed to be the centre of our life force. Most of us take it as just another part of our body not knowing its deep, thrilling world. In ancient Hindu healing practices, the Navel is considered to be the most important point of the […]08 Sep 2022 read More...
Milkbasket’s Latest DVC Campaign Is Out, And It’s Quirky And Relatable As Heck!
Spread the loveThe year 2021 was all about patience, resilience, and the grind it takes to get back up from a worldwide slump that the COVID-19 pandemic had hit us with. It made us all revisit our roots, recalibrate our priorities, and strengthen our foundations. With the better part of 2022 gone into slowly spreading […]28 Sep 2022 read More...
Recycling At Milkbasket: A World Environment Day Special
Spread the loveAs people who serve and bring convenience to other people, it’s important for us as brands to give a thought from time to time to what matters the most to us as human beings. The realization of the countless resources that our planet has provided us allows us to be amazed and humbled […]05 Jun 2022 read More...