Stay Healthy & Refreshed All Summer With These Top Fruits & Veggies
Fruits and vegetables are important to be included in your everyday diet. They are a great source of nutrients such as vitamins, fiber, and all minerals that are required in your diet. Consuming fruits and vegetables daily can help reduce the risk of many chronic diseases. Especially during the summer season, it is highly recommended to consume fruits on a daily basis.
Benefits Of Consuming Fruits & Vegetables During The Summer Season:
Summer season keeps one dehydrated. The hot weather, sweat, and pollution can make you feel unhealthy and uneasy at times. Thus, it is important to include fruits and vegetables in your everyday diet. Here we have mentioned why eating fruits and vegetables in summer is important for several reasons:
- Hydration: Fruits and vegetables have high water content which keeps the body hydrated. It helps fulfill the requirement of water needed by the body. It also helps regulate the body temperature and keeps one healthy.
- Nutrients: Fruits and vegetables are superfoods needed by the human body. They are a source of many essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants that are very much essential for maintaining good health. Consuming good amounts of fruits and vegetables, especially during the summer season can keep your immune system strong. One will not fall sick quite often and will also have the immunity to fight off all diseases.
- Digestion: Fruits and vegetables promote digestion. They make your digestive system stronger and healthier. Eat a good amount of fruits and vegetables during this season and get away from problems like constipation, bloating and also some kinds of allergies.
- Weight Management: Fruits and vegetables are a good source of fiber, which keeps you full for a longer time. They also are low in calories, hence, keep the weight managed. It also prevents you from overeating. All these factors, combined together can help maintain your weight.
Overall, fruits and vegetables are necessary to be added to your everyday diet. Do read our blog Top 10 Summer Foods To Keep You Rejuvenated All Day Long and find out why fruits and vegetables are called superfoods.
We at Milkbasket have all types of fruits and vegetables available for you. You name it and we are here to serve you! Also, to make your mornings better, we provide silent delivery at 7 AM in more than 25 cities. There are more than 6000+ supreme quality products listed on our App.
Here Are The Top 18 Summer Fruits & Vegetables To Keep You Healthy:
- Watermelon – They are rich in antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin C, and potassium
- Tomatoes – They are high in lycopene, vitamin C and vitamin K, and potassium
- Cucumbers – They are low in calories and high in vitamin K and vitamin C
- Peaches – They are high in fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C, and potassium
- Bell peppers – They are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K, and antioxidants
- Cherries – They are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds
- Zucchini – They are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamin C, and potassium
- Blueberries – They are high in antioxidants and vitamin C
- Corn – They are a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants
- Mangoes – They are high in vitamins A and C, and antioxidants
- Eggplant – They are low in calories and high in fiber and antioxidants
- Strawberries – They are rich in vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants
- Green beans – They are low in calories and high in fiber and vitamin C
- Apricots – They are high in fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C, and antioxidants
- Okra – They are high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K, and antioxidants
- Pineapples – They are rich in vitamin C and bromelain, an enzyme that aids digestion
- Summer squash – They are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin A, and antioxidants
- Raspberries – They are high in fiber, vitamins C and K, and antioxidants
In conclusion, adding a variety of fruits and vegetables into your diet can make you healthy inside out. Well, not to forget a good diet can give you glowing skin too! We hope we have provided ample reasons why you should include these fruits and vegetables in your everyday diet.
Milkbasket – A Revolution In The Online Grocery Delivery Services In India
Spread the loveThere’s no denying the fact that the pandemic has drastically changed the way people spend their time online, buying everything through various online retail platforms with the convenience of home deliveries in India. Milkbasket, with it’s features has proven to be a revolution in the online grocery delivery services in India. While stepping […]08 Jul 2022 read More...
Nabhi Chikitsa or Belly Button Therapy: The Simple Health Secret You NEED To Know!
Spread the loveOur Navel or Belly Button (scientific name Umbilicus) is believed to be the centre of our life force. Most of us take it as just another part of our body not knowing its deep, thrilling world. In ancient Hindu healing practices, the Navel is considered to be the most important point of the […]08 Sep 2022 read More...
Milkbasket’s Latest DVC Campaign Is Out, And It’s Quirky And Relatable As Heck!
Spread the loveThe year 2021 was all about patience, resilience, and the grind it takes to get back up from a worldwide slump that the COVID-19 pandemic had hit us with. It made us all revisit our roots, recalibrate our priorities, and strengthen our foundations. With the better part of 2022 gone into slowly spreading […]28 Sep 2022 read More...
Recycling At Milkbasket: A World Environment Day Special
Spread the loveAs people who serve and bring convenience to other people, it’s important for us as brands to give a thought from time to time to what matters the most to us as human beings. The realization of the countless resources that our planet has provided us allows us to be amazed and humbled […]05 Jun 2022 read More...